Written By: Leah Zins & Lacey Cobb
The Special Events committee has decided to try something new and exciting to parallel the other annual Advertising Federation of Minnesota (Ad Fed) events. We bring you: Bowl-O-Rama 2012. Come one, come all. Regardless of your skill (or lack thereof), you will want to be here, and here is why.
1. CAMARADERIE: You spend upwards of 40 hours every week with your colleagues inside your respective offices and cubicles – but have you participated with them in a leisure sport? Think of it as team building — subtracting the ropes course and adding the beer. Win-win for all involved.
2. HISTORY: You get to say you were there when it all began. There will be dozens of stories you can tell your interns, and your interns’ interns. Picture them gazing at you in adoration as you shower them with your infinite wisdom…
3. VENUE: Memory Lanes and Throwback Café is a fantastic retro-themed alley that is home to the Twin Cities Ad League. Just when you thought your Ad League bowling season was over, we have 30 spectacular lanes ready for one more night of friendly competition.
4. COMPETITION: Speaking of competition, who doesn’t like a fresh new set of bragging rights? Especially when said rights come with spectacular 70’s style bowling trophies.
5. SUPPORT AD FED: Ad Fed is dedicated to providing quality resources, educational programs, networking opportunities – with an overall aim of keeping it fun and interesting. Your continued support helps us achieve our goals and mission, so that you, your interns, and your interns’ interns have a highly regarded association to contribute to the advertising thought leadership in the Twin Cities.
It’s clear that attending the inaugural Bowl-O-Rama will be a memory maker for years to come. Bring your shoes and shine your bowling balls – we’ll see you on April 19th!
And if you don’t already have team, Ad Fed will put you on a good one. See you there.